A vacancy has arisen for an administrator working in my office in south Bristol, starting in September. If you are looking for an interesting job with lots of variety in a political environment, please do get in touch. All details on how to apply are given below:
Job title: Administrative Officer
Salary: £18,000 to £20,000 depending on experience
Location: Based in Bedminster, Bristol with occasional need to travel
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Occasional work outside of normal office hours may be needed
Duration: Permanent position, subject to the satisfactory completion of a
six-month probationary period.
Deadline for applications: 5.00pm on Thursday 5 July 2018
Interview date: Friday 13 July 2018
Start date: Monday 3 September 2018
- diary management
- responding to enquiries by telephone and e-mail, passing on queries to other team members as appropriate
- managing and monitoring incoming calls and enquiries
- opening and dispatching mail
- assisting with publishing on-line material
- photocopying, scanning, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence
- handling administrative arrangements for meetings
- assisting with arrangements for (non-party political) events
- liaising with external suppliers when required regarding office supplies
- providing administrative support for the MPs’ expenses scheme.
Essential skills, experience and attributes
- Five GCSEs (A*-C), including English and Maths, or equivalent
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Explorer (or equivalent software)
- Experience of working in a busy office environment with conflicting priorities
- Good accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to prioritise own workload
- Able to deliver work to agreed standards and deadlines
- Able to write clearly, concisely and accurately
- Good verbal communication skills and empathy
- Able to use tact and diplomacy, maintain confidentiality, and comply with data protection regulations as required
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to identify and resolve problems, referring to others as necessary
- Sympathetic to the ideals of the Labour Party
- Able to work outside standard office hours occasionally
- Able to travel occasionally (car not required).
Desirable skills, experience and attributes
- ‘A’ level qualifications, or equivalent
- Experience of taking minutes
- Experience of working in a political environment, such as local or national government.
- Experience of working in an office handling sensitive or confidential information
- Experience of working with a wide range of people
- Aware of the key issues in Bristol South
- Knowledge of the aims of the Labour Party.
- Access to a car and a current driving licence.
To apply for this vacancy, please e-mail your CV and a covering letter showing how you fit the job description and person specification to the Office Manager, Kerren Davey: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 5.00 pm on Thursday 5 July.