I’m looking for a caseworker to join my constituency team. This is a part time, fixed term post. The successful candidate will work closely with the Senior Caseworker. The role is interesting and covers a broad range of casework. Training will be provided as needed. The role is based in my constituency office in Bristol South. However, in the event of a new lockdown, the post-holder would be provided with the equipment to work from home.
Job title: Caseworker
Contract: Part time 18 hours per week,
fixed-term contract to 31 March 2022
Salary: £12,450 for 18 hours, (£26,000 FT equivalent) per annum
Hours / days: Negotiable, but to include Mondays and Tuesdays
Apply before: 12 noon on Monday 5 July 2021
Interview date: Thursday 15 July 2021
Start date: Monday 23 August 2021 or as agreed
• Responding to constituency casework. This involves handling enquiries from constituents (usually by phone or e-mail) and taking the appropriate action quickly and efficiently.
• Managing a varied caseload effectively, researching and drafting correspondence as required.
• Contacting government departments, local authority departments, public sector and private sector organisations.
• Accurate record keeping, retaining and processing information sensitively, confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act 2005 and GDPR 2018.
• Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate.
• Liaising with community groups and local organisations.
• Supporting colleagues within the constituency team as needed.
Essential skills, experience and attributes
• Previous experience of customer service / casework / complaints handling by telephone.
• Able to respond compassionately and respectfully to sensitive issues on behalf of constituents.
• Strong organisation and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
• Able to work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative with the ability to manage your own caseload.
• A professional, polite and confident telephone manner.
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Strong IT skills, and experience of using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook.
• In sympathy with the aims and values of the Labour Party.
Desirable skills, experience and attributes
• Experience of responding to people with stressful problems
• Experience of using a case management system or database.
• A full UK driving licence.
• Good local knowledge of the Bristol South area and the issues faced by constituents in Bristol South.
• An interest in politics or experience of working in a political environment, public or third sector.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter showing how you fit the job description and person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org . The deadline for applications is 12 noon on Monday 5 July 2021.