I’m looking an efficient Personal Assistant, with excellent communication skills and experience of managing a complex diary. He or she will be a team player, working closely with colleagues in Westminster and in Bristol. The role is based in my Westminster office. However, in the event of a new lockdown, the post-holder would be provided with the equipment to work from home. Please note that this job is administrative rather than political in nature.
Job title: Personal Assistant
Contract: Permanent, full-time position, subject to the satisfactory completion of a six-month probationary period.
Salary: £23,000 to £27,000 depending on experience
Location: Based in Westminster with very occasional need to travel.
This post is office-based, and not suitable for remote working
from Monday to Thursday.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Occasional work outside normal office hours may be needed
Apply before: 12 noon on Monday 5 July 2021
Interview date: Friday 16 July 2021 online
Start date: Monday 6 September 2021
• diary management
• responding to enquiries by telephone and e-mail, passing on queries to other team members as appropriate
• managing and monitoring incoming calls and enquiries
• assisting with publishing on-line material
• photocopying, scanning, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence
• handling administrative arrangements for meetings
• assisting with arrangements for (non-party political) events
Essential skills, experience and attributes
• Five GCSEs (A*-C), including English and Maths, or equivalent
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Explorer (or equivalent software)
• Experience of working in a busy office environment with conflicting priorities
• Good accuracy and attention to detail
• Able to prioritise own workload
• Able to deliver work to agreed standards and deadlines
• Able to write clearly, concisely and accurately
• Good verbal communication skills and empathy
• Able to use tact and diplomacy, maintain confidentiality, and comply with data protection regulations as required
• Able to work independently, show initiative and work well as part of a wider team
• Able to identify and resolve problems, referring to others as necessary
• In sympathy with the aims and values of the Labour Party
• Able to work outside standard office hours occasionally
• Able to travel occasionally (car not required).
Desirable skills, experience and attributes
• ‘A’ level qualifications, or equivalent
• Experience of taking minutes
• Experience of working in a political environment, such as local or national government.
• Experience of working in an office handling sensitive or confidential information
• Experience of working with a wide range of people
• Aware of the key issues in Bristol South
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter showing how you fit the job description and person specification to email@example.com . The deadline for applications is 12 noon on Monday 5 July 2021.